Sunday, November 30, 2008

A World of Dark and Light











Winter workout in Alaska = shoveling the driveway!
We have been watching it snow all weekend. Our grand total might be seven inches and slick roads. Layne took a few pictures of today's snowfall that he wanted me to post.
I got to photograph my first Alaska wedding. In true Alaska fashion, it was outside in the snow! It was alot of fun and I enjoyed taking the pictures with the help of my two photography gals Ant and Katie. Thanks ladies, I couldn't have done it without you!
I find myself wondering why I love living somewhere where daylight is diminished and I won't see grass for six months at a time. It really does make you feel like you want to hibernate, but one can only sleep for so long. Seeing the earth covered in a blanket of white is really a blessing as everything looks fresh and quiet. The little light that we have reflects nicely off the white snow and grants us natures own flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment