Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sledding












I spent the last few days on a business trip to Camp Smith, in Honolulu, HI. But made it back home in time to spend the daylight hours with Landon sledding outside before it got dark. There was about 4 inches of snow on the ground, and then we had another 2 inches that afternoon....but overall it's been a relatively low-snow year compared to last year. Four inches of snow was all Landon needed to spend literally all day out in the yard with Dino. Grayson had to spend most of the day watching from inside since he can't quite take the cold yet (too much falling down in the snow and getting cold). The temps are back down in the single digits tonight, and we should be heading towards the "below zero dark ages" pretty rapidly now til the winter solstice....we're losing about 5 minutes of daylight each day. It's dark when I get to work, and dark when I leave to go home. All in all though, I'll take the dark/cold over the hot/humid weather of HI any day....I call my trips to HI my "Alaska appreciation trips". Jolene thinks I'm crazy. But I like the cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment