Saturday, November 18, 2017

Summer Festivals and Moose

Combination of pics from the 4th of July parade in Wasilla, and the Bear Paw Festival in Eagle River. 


Fourth of July in Wasilla. Waiting for the parade to start.


At the Bear Paw Festival, Grayson was pulled out of the crowd to be the magician's assistant...not sure how he felt about it.










My favorite vehicle in the festival parade.




I get a kick out of this halibut walking behind the truck.


A boat full of sushi for lunch.


THE NERVE of this moose calf, walking through my potato patch!


This guy hung around for a short bit during Moose season.......If I had grabbed my rifle instead of my binos when I first saw him, he'd be in my freezer right now!  (Spike/forks are a legal take for bulls, otherwise they have to be 50 inch spread or 3 brow tines, which is unlikely to see on the hay flats).  The rest of my hunts (1 moose hunt and 1 caribou hunt) were overcome by trips to Florida and Puerto Rico for hurricane relief efforts...but our freezers are full of salmon and halibut, so we'll make out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment