Sunday, March 1, 2009

Foot of Snow





























We've had a couple weeks of beautiful sunshine, but on Saturday we woke to snow. It had snowed 3 inches by the time we woke up, and then continued to snow till 5 pm. By the time it was all said and done we had a foot of light fluffy snow on top of six inches of last month's snow. Landon spent nearly 5 hours of the day playing in the snow and sledding. At one point I couldn't find him and when he finally heard my call, he emerged from a snow cave that he had built and told me he had just about fallen asleep in his cave! I'd say his "cold weather training" is about complete, because he stayed nice and warm even though he was outside all day. Later he had me bury him in a pile of snow while I was clearing the deck, and walked behind me as I snow plowed the driveway to inspect my work. Grayson ate so much in the morning that he went into a food coma and slept the rest of the day. We'll follow this post later with pictures of our trip this morning to Anchorage to pick up Jolene from the airport. She spent the weekend in Fairbanks on a school trip. We visited the Fur Rondy celebration in downtown Anchorage after we picked her up and got do some cool Alaska style shopping (bidding at auction for bear, wolf, fox, wolverine and mt goat hides - but we only looked this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment