Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Last Week in Alaska for Daddy







Monday was the beginning of my last week in Alaska this tour. I'll be driving to my next duty station in Lemoore, CA, leaving the family here for at least a couple more years while I spend a large part of the next 2-3 years at sea. Just like a deployment, the lead-up to last days prior to leaving are the toughest, but it helps you realize how much you've been blessed and teaches you to appreciate the little things. I've been taking Landon and Grayson (and Dino) for walks down to the creek as often as I can, teaching them to observe nature around them, and appreciate the awesomeness of God's creation. The eagles still haven't had their clutch yet, maybe they will before I leave. Grayson finally outgrew his crib, so we took Landon's bunk bed apart and moved the top twin bed upstairs for Grayson. He looks little bitty in that big bed, but he has taken to it easily and is proud of his "big boy bed". Landon's room looks bigger without the bunk bed in it. I snapped these pictures of them sound asleep in their 'new' beds - at least 'new' for them. Grayson has watched us reading at night on occasion, so the other day he jumped up on our bed, crawled under the covers and pretended to read away - at least I think he was pretending. I noticed he skipped to the end and read the last page first....must get that from his Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment