Sunday, July 2, 2017

Eagle Chick, and the Elusive Alaskan Snow Mouse


The eagles have been active, with a hungry little chick to feed.


If you look in this picture to the left of the adult eagle, you can see the chick. It's color has darkened quite a bit, and it is growing fast.


If you zoom into the center of this pic, you can see a good view of the chick's head to the right of the adult eagle in the nest.


This is a rare sighting of the elusive Alaskan Snow Mouse.


Not really, it's just an albino mouse I came across on my walk. It is also the only mouse I've ever seen on my hikes - too many predators around for mice to be prevalent. Meaning I think this is likely a "feeder" mouse someone let out while they were at the Boy Scout Observatory for some reason. It followed me around, with no apparent fear of people, and even climbed up a grass stalk to try to and get a little closer to me. I considered taking it home and naming it Stuart Little.

No comments:

Post a Comment