Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Silver



Well, our normal 5 o'clock wake up to go fishing didn't happen. Landon came in at 6 am to tell me he had a bad dream that I forgot to take him fishing - and I realized I forgot to set the alarm. So we had to wait til after church to go. Landon, me and Pappy all walked to the creek at about 2 pm and I landed this 10 lb coho (silver) salmon at about 2:30. Then Landon decided to take an unplanned swim in the creek, and Pappy had to walk him home before he froze (never try to swim in Alaska streams - even in summer they're plenty cold). So I stayed back and didn't see another fish til almost 5:30 when several hundred made their way up to my fishing spot and I spent the last 30 minutes trying to catch another one (fishing only allowed in the creek from 6am to 6pm and only on Saturday/Sunday) but these were some pretty smart fish and I couldn't limit out today. But the big one I caught earlier in the day gave us 10 good size filet cuts - enough for 3 meals for us. This time we took the pics in the back yard with the view out over the flats as a backdrop.
Jolene has a whole week's worth of posts from our trip to Denali, Fairbanks and North Pole as well as this weekends trip to Seward to post about, but she's busy getting ready to go back to work tomorrow so it'll be a few days before she gets to post again. She's teaching Physics and Physical Science and maybe Chemistry, so she'll be kept busy through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment