Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween in Hollywood











Stopped in Los Angeles on my way down for training in San Diego. Spent the afternoon of Halloween walking down Hollywood Blvd......lots of folks in costume, at least I 'think' they were in costume - hard to tell. Driving the big Alaskan 2500HD truck down those narrow streets was challenging, but luckily most folks just got out of my way! Took the snapshot of the Hollywood sign while standing on a curb on Hiland Avenue at a supermarket, and right after I took the picture, some guy came running full speed out of the market and bumped me as he ran by - followed closely by the store owner complete with apron and butcher knife running after him yelling "stop him!" I looked around to make sure I hadn't stumbled onto a movie set! Found Gene Roddenberry's star on the walk of fame, but couldn't find Louis Armstrong's star...maybe next time. Then I went to my favorite place in LA, the Le Brea Tar Pits. Picked up some cool Christmas gifts for the boys, and watched them digging in pit 21. Finally went out to the LA County Natural History Musuem. Hadn't been there before, but will have to bring Landon to see it sometime. The Dinosaur exhibits and Mammal Hall are pretty nice. He wouldn't like the insect zoo though - biggest cockroaches and spiders I've ever seen. Appropriate for Halloween I guess. Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment