Saturday, August 22, 2009

Big Silver











Today was the peak tide of the month, and the creek was higher than I've ever seen it. The trail that I usually walk along the creek on was under about 4 feet of water. After a couple of hours trying to find some fish, I finally found a group up river a little ways. Ended up taking two silvers, the second one was the big one you see above. He was a 26 inch fish, but surprisingly only weighed around 7 lbs. I've caught several smaller that weighed over 9 lbs - so he had lost some weight swimming up stream. He had the most character on his jaws that I've seen on any silver yet, and had started to "ripen" - when their skin turns a shade of red, but not too bad. Another sunny warm day, and another couple of salmon in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment