Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Reds are Running, The Reds Are Running....




Saturday morning at 0 dark thirty I wake up to the sound of Layne on the back porch. I knew he hadn't gotten up that long ago and I was trying to figure out whether he was just leaving or returning. It turns out that he was returning and had the best fishing trip since we've been here. He highly encouraged Landon and I to join him at the creek so that we could catch our limit. After dressing and dragging two sleepy boys to the creek we discovered that the run was over. We had to return to the house because I had to meet with a client. As soon as I returned home, Layne was ready to head back down, but we had to wait until Grayson awoke from his nap. Poor little guy was woken up for the second time only to be stashed in a back pack while Landon and I fished. We did pretty well and Landon was real excited by the number of fish that we could see and scored himself a couple of salmon. Salmon fishing is much more an active sport than I remember fishing growing up. I remember throwing the line in the water and picking dandelions until something cool happenned. Red salmon fishing is more like, continually enticing a fish to take a moving line in a fast current. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment