Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Run is On




Got up early this morning and headed down to the creek. Started fishing at the old bridge
site at 0615 and had my limit of Reds (Sockeye Salmon) thirty minutes later. They were stacked up nicely there for a little while. Even was able to throw 2 back for being smaller than I wanted. Came back, gutted and filet'd the fish and took Jolene and the boys back down at 0800. Jolene caught her first salmon and got it to the bank, but her net man (me) messed up and accidently let it go when I tried to pull it up - so no pictures. Landon was too concerned about the bugs to make a real effort with the fishing pole. Went back down at 1200 with some friends from church, but it was dead silent and not many fish still hanging around. Sometimes the fishing is hot, sometimes not. Hit and miss. Had a great time early this morning though, the best salmon fishing I've had in Alaska so far. Will hopefully be even better when the silvers arrive. Weather is too hot for me though - in the 70's today. I prefer the 60's I think for a high temp, but it made for a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment