Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Day Storm, Next Day Sun and a Healthy Dog











Our weather has been kind of strange. I have only heard thunder twice since moving to Alaska. Both times were this summer, and I have yet to experience an actual storm here. So the other night when I heard thunder at about 11:30 pm and looked out my window at the forming anvil clouds, I had to run out and take pictures. The potatoes are blooming and fruit is beginning to appear in our yard. We have harvested several zucchini and Dino has harvested all the strawberries before anyone else could enjoy them. The cherry tree is putting out fruit that has caused us to question if it really is a cherry tree or not (1st red fruit photograph). The currants both cultivated (2nd red fruit photograph) and wild are also beginning to turn red. Pretty funny that I planted two currant bushes and we seem to have a large number of them on our second lot. Dino is losing all his winter fluff and looks like a very healthy dog. He has been extremely active with our neighbors dog and the boys. We are not sure if he has gotten skinny because of the activity or hairloss. Pappy has done a great job keeping him groomed. The last picture is of Grayson's toys laying directly inside the door to his room. I will have to be very specific with him when I ask for his help putting the toys away!

No comments:

Post a Comment