Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mom, There's A Moose in the Road!






















After the boys swim lessons today we headed into Anchorage to visit the new 16 screen movie theater. Having only attended movies sparingly the last two years due to the quality of the local theater, I have to say I felt like a country bumpkin sitting in a palace. Things that we use to take for granted were truely appreciated. This theater has all the "standard" bells and whistle: stadium seating, reclining seats, cupholders and arm rests that fold away. In addition, they have true 3-D movies and an Imax. To celebrate their opening, this week you get free popcorn and soda with your admission. Landon's comment was, "Mom, why is my soda so big." Grayson looked so cute sitting in the big chair with his popcorn on his lap that I wish I had taken my camera inside. By the way 2 and under are free...one more month to enjoy that perk. I was too cheap to splurge on the 3-D tickets so we watched the standard stadium version of Toy Story 3. This was the first movie that Grayson has been to since he was just a baby. He did really well, and when he got restless and had to wiggle in his seat (ok stand up in his seat) his head was no taller than the top of the chair so he didn't disturb anyone. I hate to say it but we might go back this week and see it again in 3-D, maybe IMAX. Today's cost for our three admissions, soda, and popcorns - $14.00.






When we left the theater Landon spotted a moose in the middle of the intersection of Muldoon and Bartlett High School's entrance. A few seconds later he spotted the moose's twin calves across the street from us. Needless to say, traffic was at a stand still for a few minutes waiting on the moose to move. One lady even got out of her car to try and shoo the babies toward their mommas. Not a smart move, but we didn't stick around to see what happenned. You will have to look close at the picture to see the baby moose. They ran behind the big silver electrical box right after I took the picture.






I've also posted a few pictures of our amazing evening light. The "golden glow" is from about 10pm and the sunset about 11:15. Gorgeous light.






Note: All of these pictures were taken through windows with a point and shoot camera and are not the best quality. Note 2: I had a red light when I took the moose pictures. I wasn't driving;)

No comments:

Post a Comment