Sunday, June 20, 2010

National Museum of Naval Aviation





I took myself out to the National Museum of Naval Aviation for Father's Day. It's located on the base just across the street from the Navy Lodge here in Pensacola where I'm staying til mid-July. It's been 15 yrs since I visited the museum, and it has expanded quite a bit. The boys would have liked it, and I bet they would have spent all day running around the exhibits. It has a nice IMAX theater and the museum is free to the public. The last picture is of a billboard advertisement here in Pensacola I saw the other day, encouraging people to call and report any birds/wildlife which have gotten into the oil from the spill. They closed the beaches here for about a week due to the spill, but I noticed yesterday that they have opened them back up. Still haven't seen any evidence of oil on the beaches here yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment